Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two More from the Movie Sketchbook and a Surprise in the Mail!

A couple of weeks ago (or maybe it's been a month already?...I've lost my sense of time lately!) I received this envelope from Mark Hill. I had forgotten I sent him my address to I could get one of these gems, and when it came, everyone around me was in awe and wanted to know more about it.  I scanned it immediately, intending to let him know that I received it, and to thank him!, but more drama unfolded and it became lost in the myriad of things I had on my 'to do' list.  Fast forward to today, when I decided I really needed to get this up...and then I couldn't find it....anywhere!  I looked and looked and just when I was about to give up, I looked on the scanner and there it was, right where I left it!  I was surprised when I got the envelope, that it had something in it.  I had forgotten about the sticker and business card he was also sending.  And I LOVE his business card!  Thank you so much Mark!  When things have calmed down a bit here, I plan to send something in return!  And if you haven't seen Mark's envelopes, you really should head over and email him your address!  [UPDATE:  I'm told that Mark is no longer accepting requests!]

Here are two more movie spreads.  I uploaded them ages ago and never got around to writing anything for them so I could publish the post.  I recently had an emergency trip to Ft Lauderdale to meet up with my sister and pick up her dog for some dog-sitting.  She looked over this sketchbook one night and really made me feel good as she ooh-ed and awed over it.  She loved these spreads and was disappointed that I had stopped doing them. 



Though I haven't been doing much drawing (which means NONE AT ALL) since returning from my trip, I do have lots more to show you from before I stopped.  Note that I am only on Dec 7th here.  Hopefully I will get back into some sort of routine soon!




And I do hope to catch up on all your blogs soon!

UPDATE: I haven't been liking my scans lately so I'm trying something different.  The pictures on this post have been replaced with scans that I believe look a little better.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Raena, I've been up in the far north of Michigan (Upper Peninsula) with family for more than a week and am finally home and planning to blog tomorrow.

    I've been missing you and you've just reminded that I, too, have sent Mark Hill my addy; I do have something to look forward to.

    How about a sketch of that bulldog,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your movie sketches...impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Raena - I was lucky enough to get sent an envelope too, all the way here to England! (I think he is no longer accepting new requests, sadly...) Mine was a blue bicycle and I LOVE it! Yours is really delightful too!

    I really enjoy your movie sketches - last time I looked the one we found was the Night at the Museum, and as my daughter and I had both been laid up with the flu and decided to watch both those movies back to back, it was a real treat to see your drawings of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mail art, he's great with lines and the printing he does is amazing. The movie sketches I really like, and my favourite is Dr Emmets face, love it!!! Great colour work and the layout again is great fun. I can totally see each movie in them. We have right now all the Back to Future movies playing at Mayfair, I think we might just have to go see it again : )

    Great to see you back again : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see you back again! I'm with Vicki - I'd love to see a sketch of the dog, and if you don't have time for that, how about a photo? Take a deep breath and do what you can ... life's too short to stress! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just squeezed my name onto Mark's list before he closed down requests. I love sending and receiving this sort of thing, so I'll look forward to getting a surprise in the mail one day in the future!

    Love your movie drawings - that is a dead-on likeness of William H. Macy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is well. Love the movie spreads. (I still just watch the documentaries and can't face pausing them lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super envelope! Aren't you the lucky lady? Nice movie spreads.

    ReplyDelete