Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally, I'm not just lurking.

I have drawn off and on for most of my life. What typically happens is this:
I do some sketches that I like and suddenly start drawing ALL the time. I become consumed by it. About a year later, I'll hit a plateau. In frustration I give it all up. I put away the supplies. (or give it away thinking I'll never use it again!) A year may pass, sometimes more, when I have need to do a quick sketch for someone. They'll give me positive feedback and then suddenly I'm back in the game. Only, I now have to redevelop those drawing muscles. And get new supplies. And then it starts all over.

I am hoping that with this blog, when I get to that plateau (which I know will come), I will struggle through and make it to the other side. I hope to explore color. I hope to draw in PUBLIC (my heart starts racing at the thought!). And, I hope to make friends with people who have the same interests!

1 comment:

  1. I will try again. I like what I see so far. keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete